Saw some beautiful stained glass windows, by Mary Tillinghast, in the historic St. Ann’s Church in the Bronx. The caretaker was very accommodating, and welcomed our Shorewalkers hiking group into the church, and showed us around the sanctuary.
Built in 1840, St. Ann’s is a fieldstone building in the Gothic Revival style with a Greek Revival style tower. The complex includes a graveyard with the Morris family crypt. Among those whose remains are in the graveyard or crypt are Gouverneur Morris (1752–1816), Lewis Morris (1671–1746), and Lewis Morris (1726–1798). It was designated a New York City landmark in 1967.
Some of the group were a little tired by the time we got to St. Mary’s park.
We all got a laugh out of the name of this place, “Cowfish.”