This 1917 building map of Hartford from Historic Map Works identifies the building in the left foreground, at the street corner as belonging to Donato Saraia. Note the way the building is set slightly obliquely to the curb line, visible in both the map and photo.
Note the early electric arc street lamp overhead and the streetcar tracks running down Market Street.
No people in view.
Visible on the right is the old St. Anthony’s Church; it was there in 1904, but hidden by other buildings in the old photo.